Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tool #4 Moving Up to the Clouds

Briefly discuss how you can use the tools in Google Apps with your team or department. How can you incorporate Google Apps as a tool in your classroom? 

I really enjoy Google Apps. I hadn't experienced what it was all about until I started working at Spring Oaks Middle. Google Apps is very similar to Microsoft Office, which I am extremely familiar with, so I did't have an issue learning how to use it.

As a campus, we have used Google Apps for various important documents such as maintaining the ICU lists, MPR checkout, computer cow checkout and etc. As a department, we could all share tracking sheets amongst each other to get ideas, maintain an updated list of our mentees, share supplemental notes and etc.

Which tools are you excited about using with students?

In the past, the teachers I have worked with have used document, presentation and spreadsheet. Another tool that I found would be very useful for classes that I haven't seen incorporated in classes would be the form tool. I like the fact that you can make test questions or even exit slips for your class and hold them accountable for their learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment